From: Willam Fraley
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 7:57 PM
To: S-Scale@yahoogroups.com
Subject: {S-Scale List} Turnouts and Yards.

I had a rather exciting day; I rebuilt my Staging Exchange yard area. Some
years ago I built a large shelf over the S/E yard and it never was easily
accessible. Now you can see the yard and it is a easily accessible. (All of
the turnouts in the yard are manual.)

Next up is to clean and detail it. I also have to box/store about 20 more
freight cars so as to make more room to run trains through the yard.

Unlike Frank Titman's excellent barge shelved storage racks, or the one I
really like, Ed Loizeaux's train storage cabinet, I store my off the layout
equipment in special boxes made for such a purpose. The boxes are marked and
I know what is stored in each one, as I have a card inventory system.

Each box stores roughly 18 cars. Locomotives are stored on the layout, like
the prototype, at the engine house and diesel yards.

It has been a long time since I've spent an entire day model railroading.

Feel's great!

Bill (FRaley)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional