I have enclosed 2 pictrues of tractor laods. I hope the attachnments word. The
pictrue titled Twin City shows a tractor and 2 threashering machines on a flat
car. Note how the tractor is over the edge of the flat car. The lugs are also
off of the back wheels. I think they had 2 cars loaded this way and a third
flat car with 2 tractors, one tractor for each trheashering machine. On the
back of the picture is says "Farm machinery from Minneapolis Steel & Machinery
Co. being shipped by train, ca 1918 -1920." I think it might be in the mid
1920's as the tractors look a bit newer than 1918-1920. A few years ago, Ertl
made a threashering machine, but it is very heavy.

The second picture shows a whole train of tractors and threashering machines.
The back of the picture states "Minneapolis Moline Train to Western Canada". No
year is given. The railroad is the SOO LIne. A  model of this picture would be
neat. Notice that there are 2 flat cars with 2 threashering machines and 1
tractor, and 1 flat car with 2 tractors. The locomotive is a 2-8-2 built by A.
L. Co. in Sch in March of 1913.

If memory serves me correctly, Twin City was bought out by Minneapolis Moline
or there was some merger and the company became Minneapolis Moline.

More modeling ideas.

Roy J Meissner