  From: Bob Werre
  To: S-Scale@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:32 PM
  Subject: Re: {S-Scale List} painter's decisions

  We've a bit of a cold spell here, but it did warm up enough to mix a
  small batch of paint and do a bit of airbrushing. That went fairly
  well, I think.

  Problem that I'm having is simple matter of housekeeping, economics and
  perhaps health. I've always had a devil of a time managing that little
  bit of paint left over when completing a job. I like to keep my mixes
  until I've had a chance to closely inspect my work. More than once,
  I've missed a little area, so basically it's worthwhile to do so.
  However, eventually the model is reassembled, put on the layout and the
  next project is started. This now leaves me with that mixing bottle
  with aging paint that will eventually dry and harden like concrete. I
  do tend to forget those until the next painting session some months down
  the road.

  Now here is where the decisions come in. Do I throw out those little
  bottles and buy more. Do I try and clean those bottles (I do that now
  when possible) using solvents--(besides the airbrush has to be cleaned
  anyhow). The issues here are that I'm spending a fair amount of time
  cleaning them out. Next the cost and ill effects of the solvents are
  something to consider too--I generally wear a respirator and gloves, but
  they're not fool proof. Rather than bring up wheel flanges, couplers
  and the like, I thought I would see what opinions you might have!

  Bob Werre
  PhotoTraxx