If you are into American Flyer and stand ins for marker lights will do, then
they would probably work ok. As far as the real railroads..... I have never
seen any thing like these being used. I have a,,,, somewhat small collection
.... of the  real marker lights. You know, the ones used on the: SP, ACL,
D&RGW,UP, WP, Santa Fe, etc. Collecting these  is an insidious hobby all unto
itself! Those marker lights on that American Flyer loco look nothing like the
real ones. They do, very definitely do,,,,, look like the ones used on American
Flyer locomotives! I think that is why Doug is selling them.
   Since I'm bent sideways about 80% of the time, and also spin mostly on my
head, I cast my own marker lights in beautiful brass. Ask any one that knows
me, I'm like a 3 dollar bill!

Corroded Rusty, or for the record:  James Rustermier

My friend, Stoker says HI!

--- In S-Scale@yahoogroups.com, "Brady" <bradyburdge@...> wrote:

> I picked these up from Port Lines for a couple of bucks each, perhaps they
> can be used on scale steam..
>
> http://www.trainweb.org/americanflyerlines/files/photos/tendermarkerlights.JPG
>

> Brady Burdge

<*> Your email settings: