Billy,

I finally had time to dig out my in progress, but stalled Sunset Geeps last night. The style Sunset used does not contain the 'pockets' used to hold the mud cable ends. Their design is a sloped panel in it's stead. I measured it roughly at 14", So at this point we don't know if a few extra inches will cause problems or not. I would assume that the Sunset pilots have a prototype, but haven't researched that part yet.

I've never had an coupling issue with my GP-30's which seem to have the same pilot steps and Kadee 804's. And I've never had an issue with the original Sunset GP-9's with #5's either. It's the American Models pilots with the BTS replacements that have caused the steps to touch. My radii in this area is roughly 39".

Bob Werre
PhotoTraxx