I purchased Johns converted couplers and some of those express/passenger trucks back when I was in high school. After the usual years of college and starting a career, I returned to model RRing in the late 70's and John was still selling needed stuff.

I visited his layout along with Billy & Danny Click, Jack and Margret Troxell at the New Brunswick convention. Later Kent Singer, John and I had a few breakfasts together. He was one of my first guests to visit my layout when we had the national NMRA here in Houston--he was a big NMRA supporter. I was privileged to know him and he knows his couplers are still doing their job on my layout.

Bob Werre