I surprisingly received my Dispatch yesterday , it was another "Special"
issue called "this is S."

It is a well done issue showing off  all that we in S gauge have
accomplished since the demise of American Flyer.

I marveled at Roy Hoffman's workmanship, his huge layout, just over all what
this man has accomplished in S scale.

Living close by, I have visited Roy and Peg's home many times and it seems
that Roy continues to add on to his Penn Western layout.

I ask; Roy are you into operation yet? Gosh, you could operate everywhere on
the Penn Western and it would be prototypical. A little tidbit of
information about Roy that you may not know. Roy is an accomplished artist
and if you look closely, you can see how his depth perception is
accomplished through his talented artistry.

I know of no other layout the size and magnitude of Roy's Penn Western. If
you very get a opportunity, you must stop by Roy and Peg's for a look-see.

Another nice feature in this Dispatch is a complete page on  our NEW
Governing BOD.

Also kudos's to Roger Nulton's Monon Railroad, really great scale modeling
and also to Nelson Steinmetz and his Santa Fe & Western, presented by Bill
Winans.

A farewell to our good friend Jeff Madden, is on the inside front cover.

Much deserved Jeff, twenty years is enough!

I don't know if it is affordable , but we should contact/find  a distributer
[like Kalmbach or Carsten's] and send at least copies each of this Annual
issue of this DISPATCH to their listed hobby shops.

" Happy Rails to you!

until we meet again."

Bill (Fraley)