Andre,

Yes and no.

Unless requested, SHS locomotives came with an electronic reverse unit for AC
operation.  I expect it would also work on DC, although I never tried it.

The good new is the reverse unit had the standard 8-pin DCC plug and SHS also
included a shorting plug for DC only operation.

Rich G(ajnak)

--- In S-Scale@yahoogroups.com, "Andre Ming" <laming@...> wrote:

> Not the group, the trains.
>
> Question:  Do the SHS diesel locomotives come in dedicated AC or DC?  In
> other words, when shopping the secondary market for an SHS diesel model...
> must it be DC specific, or does one model do both AC/DC?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andre Ming

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional