S SCALE LOCOMOTIVE & SUPPLY used to have journal boxes, both friction and
roller bearing. I got some roller bearing covers for my FA/FB set years ago.
They weren't (aren't) exactly correct, but that could be because of the way I
removed the friction box covers, which, of course, came to light after the job
was done. They don't look bad, though, and I have lived with them all these
years with no serious health concerns.

Would O scale have something you could use?

boB Nicholson ________________________________________________________

--- In S-Scale@yahoogroups.com, "Andre Ming" <laming@...> wrote:

> Hi George!
>
> Thanks for taking the time to reference that article.  It is also posted at
> the NASG website under "Scale".  And, yes, that's the article that got me
> thinking about what to do with the truck sideframes on my AM Baldwins.
>
> If I take Matt's approach, I would also like to replace the cast-on roller
> bearing detail with journal (friction) bearing detail.  That's what my
> question refered to.
>
> Andre Ming

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional