Hi Dave.  I can't speak for the Stanton but the Black Beetle is still around,
being produced by Steam Era Models in Victoria.  I ordered a power and a dummy
bogie (as they're called Downunder) for a future locomotive project.  Even
without any weight on it, it runs like silk.  You can get it in S with a variety
of wheel sizes and wheel bases..  Check steameramodels.com

Cheers
Jim Martin