http://us.click.yahoo.com/g0CDCD/tzNLAA/cUmLAA/1TwplB/TM

(Please respond to the below request from Mordechai Vanunu, Nuclear
Wistle Blower from Israel )

ooo

An Appeal from Mordechai Vanunu

December 6, 2005

My Dears Friends.

On 15 January 2006 I will stand trial in the Israeli
court.  I will be charged with 21 counts of speaking
or meeting with foreigners, which Israel has said I am
not allowed to do.  These restrictions were imposed on
me on 21 April 2004 upon my release from 18 years of
isolation in prison.

I am asking all of my friends and supporters all over
the world to help and support me in this very
important case.  I think this trial will concentrate
on the issue of freedom of speech.  What I need from
you is to send information about your country's
history, experience, and expertise in freedom of
speech cases.  These will help set a precedent from
other countries and will act as an example for
Israel's democratic system to follow.  I would also
like to have examples from the earliest democratic
states such as Greece and the Roman Republic.  I would
also like to have examples from speeches of the Greek
philosophers such as Pluto, Socrates, and Aristotle.
Further, if you know about anybody who was prosecuted
for their freedom of speech in this modern age, please
find out his/her defense and arguments (poems would be
welcome as well) and send them to me.  All of this
will be sent to my lawyer it will be presented by me
during the trial.
I think this will be a landmark trial because we are
challenging Israel's democracy to prove that these
restrictions are contrary to the democratic standard
all over the world.  It is the right of every human
being to exercise his/her freedom of speech without
any restrictions.
Thank you very much for your help.  We hope to succeed
in our stand against this barbaric order.

Mordechai Vanunu, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

May 1998 - March 2002:
<groups.yahoo.com/group/sap/messages/1>
Feb. 2001 - to date:
<groups.yahoo.com/group/SAAN_/messages/1>

To subscribe send a blank message to:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

SOUTH ASIANS AGAINST NUKES (SAAN):
An informal information platform for activists and scholars concerned about the
dangers of Nuclearisation in South Asia
SAAN Website:
http://www.s-asians-against-nukes.org

SAAN Mailing List: