> > On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Jason Grout
> > > IIRC, if you have been editing a cell, but have not yet evaluated it, or
> > > if
> > > you have edited a text cell but not yet saved it, then Discard will throw
> > > away those changes, and Save will save them.  Note that if you evaluate a
> > > cell, it is automatically saved first.

That's the behavior I'm seeing, & it's why I asked that question. My
intuition was that "Discard and quit" should throw away changes even
of evaluated cells if I hadn't saved the worksheet yet. Thanks for the
clarification!

So it's not a bug. What about a feature request? Discarding even
evaluated cells since the last save would be _really_ useful to me
('twould have saved my bacon a few times). But is that something
infeasible?

john perry