On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Joshua Marshall Moore
<thwee.abacadabra.alchem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've downloaded sagemath specifically so I could play with interact.
> Unfortunately, none of the example seem to work in SageMath 7.4,

I wrote Sage's interact somewhat inspired by Mathematica's Manipulate
and Enthought traits at Sage Days 8 (see [1]) in 2008, prodded by
Jason Grout explaining that lack of Manipulate was a key obstruction
to people switching from Mathematica to Sage.    People decided to
switch Sage's default notebook environment from sagenb to Jupyter
before completely and properly fully re-implementing interact for
Jupyter, so interact doesn't work in Jupyter (though Jason wrote
something called "widgets" for Jupyter).    In the meantime, you can
(probably?) use interact by using the older sagenb interface (type
"sage -h" to figure out how; it should still be in sage...), or by
using SageMathCloud sage worksheets [2].   You can also track progress
on porting interact to Jupyter at [3], though it looks like nobody has
touched that in several months.

[1] https://wiki.sagemath.org/days8
[2] https://cloud.sagemath.com
[3] https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/21267