I am still confused, but I'm not "stillconfused" :-)

I forgot to mention, but, like the user in AskSageMath, I'm also running
sage under WSL2 Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS, so it might be related. Moreover, I
just upgraded sage to 10.3.rc2 and still have the same problem. I will open
a GH issue.

Thanks for your replies!

David A.