Le mardi 9 avril 2024 à 02:24:45 UTC+2, Dima Pasechnik a écrit :

[ Snip… ]

Actually, the best way to solve this would be to get rid of Jupyter as a
part of Sage the distribution.

Agreed. Since I “seriously” configured Sage a loooong time ago, I missed
the rise of the .configure options allowing for using the system’s Jupyter.
As far as I understand it, I’ll have to install Ubuntu’s (=Debian’s)
Jupyter, pipx and install Jupyterlab in a venv. Will this solve my problem
? Stay tuned…

Then one can install these kernels in a normal Jupyter way - without it
being a kind of
afterthought 2nd class citizen way.
No project I know, apart from Sage, vendors Jupyter. Vendoring Jupyter is
just a needless bloat.

The important word is *“is”* (*i.e.* not *“was*“) : ISTR that a (not so)
long time ago, Sages motto was *“batteries included”*, which implied the
bundling of anything Sage could use in Sage-the-distribution (including
some interesting kitchen sinks…). This “philosophy” has changed, but Sage’s
construction still lags behind (and so does my knowledge of the
installation system…).

Dima

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-support/0d7f8312-478b-40b5-8943-57388fa22bc5n%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-support/0d7f8312-478b-40b5-8943-57388fa22bc5n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>