The real name is SAM Coupe - there was supposed to be machines to follow the
original so you'd have a range of SAM machines (and no, I don't count the
elite!)

I think they're kind of interchangeable now though. I tend to still write SAM
as it looks right to me. I know that Colin P uses "Sam" as his preference.