> The only thing is: does the BBC disc have 9 or 10 sectors per track?
> (Assuming we're talking 3.5" here) copying sector-by-sector is fine,
> but the destination disc will need to be pre-formatted. The SAM
> can format at 10 sectors per track, and I think there is a program
> that will format at 9 sectors per track. It may be best to format
> the destination disc on your BBC / a PC if it is 9 sectors.

IIRC, it has 9 sectors per track. But I wouldn't worry about that; as long
as you don't use the last sector, everything will be fine.

> I've got a PC reader (can't remember what it's called ... PC DISC?
> It came from Nev's Software, I think) that says you can sometimes
> write to a 10 sector per track disc, ignoring the last sector on the
> track, and some PCs can cope.

Most, if not all, should be able to cope :) Actually, the ideal program
would write to a SAM disk from a PC, and would know how to avoid the last
sector. You'd end up with less data space, and a maximum of 17 files per
disk, but it should work quite happily.

Simon