interesting idea... I remember mentioning something like this (though, in a
lot less detail) back in the old days when we were talking about something
called the SamSon...

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is going to stamp up the money for the
actual computer design. But PC bits and bobs will probably be OK. Then
again, most people who would be interested in this would have PC hardware
already and would want to run this distribution on a partition on their
system!

I think our best bet is to forget about the hardware bits and just
concentrate on the kernel and the new SAM OS. Unfortunately, that would mean
all the ad-hoc we have to face with the Linux stuff with graphics drivers,
etc. :( We could scrap the bulky stuff like Direct X and get closer to
"driving the metal" with a scheme more akin to The Ol' Sam (Though, that
sounds more like VGA)...

Justin.