To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2005 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: Let's discuss ZX Spectrum games

Aley Keprt wrote:

But what about
- large games with multi-loading levels converted from tape to Sam disk
- AY music converted to Sam Coupe Philips SAA chip
- 128k-only games converted to Sam
- nonworking games fixed to work on Sam

I think these games can be counted, since you simply can't load a
tape/snapshot file into an emulator and play it without any changes.

Personally I think they should be kept separated from "native" Sam programs - I don't want to perpetuate the notion that the Sam was only good for playing Spectrum games. But it probably is useful to preserve the games which had to be changed in some way to make them run.

However, if they are made available for download on samcoupe.org, then it's probably best to distribute only the ones which are already available through worldofspectrum - at least a couple of the ones in Wolfgang's list are by CodeMasters who have denied distribution, for example.

Andrew

--
 ---       Andrew Collier         ----
  ---- http://www.intensity.org.uk/ ---