Hi Chris,

The short answer is Yes, it's best to use JR e over JP nn on SAM.

In the best-case border area, both are 12T.  Fully on the main screen,
JR is typically 16T and JP is a whopping 24T.  It does depend a little
on the starting cycle alignment, and instructions spanning the screen
edges are more complicated to work out.

In general, shorter instructions mean fewer memory reads, and less
memory contention.  JP (HL) is as fast as a NOP, at just 4T in the
border and 8T on main screen.

Si