Jumping in a bit late here, but the results are absolutely stunning!

I had an attempt at reading the source on github, but my Z80 has gone a bit
rusty. :-)

Is the palette being adjusted multiple times while the line is being drawn
(similar to the rainbow processor effects on the Spectrum) or is the
palette being adjusted in the time between two lines? Please forgive me for
talking potential nonsense - I have completely lost any notion of how many
t-states are available between line end and next line start but the
expensiveness of outs does ring a bell somewhere.

On another note (to hijack the thread), RJ does have some interesting ideas
between all his communication issues and his one meg 128k emulator
'pestering' got me thinking - if this is uncontended RAM - how much could I
win in the SAM MOD player if I moved code and data to make use of the one
meg. Obviously larger mods would be interesting, but I'm more interested in
would I be able to increase the sample rate from 10.4 KHz to 15.6 KHz? Or
is the gain from uncontended vs contended RAM much too small?

Regards,

Stefan