This message was rejected by the list filters some days ago. I try
again.

----- Forwarded message

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 21:00:28 +0200

I'm writing, in MasterBASIC, a procedure that prints a text left
justified, starting at the current printing position and leaving the
printing position at the end of the text (there are other similar
procedures I've found, but they print the text as a whole paragraph, not
what I need).

In order to calculate how many columns are left on the current line, I
need to know what the current column is.  I've searched the system
variables, and finally found

        SPOSNU  5A6CH   (2) Upper window position as column/row.

It seems what I need, but I've done many tries with the code, showing
debug info at every step, and two strange things happen:

- Sometimes bits 7, 6 and 5 are set together, I still don't know why.
  They have to be masked, no problem.
- The variable updates as expected after printing something, but not
  after a simple PRINT, what ruins the algorithm.

Does anybody know something about this variable? Is there any other way
to know the current PRINT position?

Thank you.

--
Marcos Cruz