Hi Velesoft.
Am 23.04.2015 um 22:17 schrieb VELESOFT:
For it is better RaspberryPi with SIM COUPE emulator. Small and cheap and with more features. :-) All clones are only for fans.
I'm a fan!!!
Case on my picture is only one of more possible versions. I plan also other cases. Main board will small (mini itx format) and will support different additional boards with connectors. See here:
http://velesoft.speccy.cz/other/SAMCLONE_PANEL2.JPG
Thats really cool. Does this mean, it will be possible to use ZX Spectrum interfaces directly?
Will possible use also similar board for install to original SAM COUPE case, different version to MINI ITX case and different to my cases. SAM 2 is not only clone. Enable good compatibility with ZX128 and faster graphic operations, rom reflashing, rom emulation... This project is primarily maked for me and my friends, but will possible make more pieces.
I'm your friend, please! I want one or two of these.
You said, it will have Text mode. Can the Text characters be redefined? Which other graphics modes are planed?
Real FDD is used only with this my case. SAM 2 can be used also as ZX compatible computer but with all SAM COUPE features as bonus :-) Case will support SD card (in ZX mode compatible with DIVMMC).

Real FDD makes sense for users of original software.
Big part of USB/PS2 keyboards have ghosting effect and not support some keys combinations in ZX games. For example problems with SINCLAIR joysticks, QWERT, CURSORS+0, QAOP+SPACE, etc... Laptop keyboard contain only membrane, but is possible with software filter eliminate ghosting effect. And TOSHIBA SATELLITE laptop keyboards support most popular keys combinations in ZX games. Info about PC keyboard ghosting test:
http://speccy.pl/forum/index.php/topic,1221.msg14678.html#msg14678

High priority is for me keyboard with usable keys combinations in games. Laptop keyboard is small, cheap and is possible buy each type more years after release. SAM 2 use universal adapter for connect any laptop keyboard and will use define keys after first connect new keyboard (any membrane). Each user can define own keys layout.

Excellent, but I hope, you can use also original SAM membranes in a SAM case.
VELESOFT

LCD
----- Original Message ----- From: "Aleš Keprt" <a...@keprt.cz>
To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: Prototype of case for planed new computer SAM COUPE 2

Sorry, I am pessimistic here. I don't like this design. I don't like the look of the original Sam Coupe either, why the hell would anybody want to clone it? In my opinion it's weird, it's a waste of effort and skills. And why 3.5" floppy diskettes? Another weird thing here. It's 2014, not 1984! I would definitely prefer a standard PC keyboard and a computer in a separate box, with flash memory cards (of any easily implementable type) instead of the current design.

Best regards,
Aley

-----Původní zpráva----- From: VELESOFT