>> HP is considering making a IFT/EFT release shortly of Samba on VMS
>> based on 3.0.24 code base. That would work on VMS 8.3 IA64 (and ALPHA
>> VMS 8.3) shortly. Maybe, you could try that.

>We're using VMS 8.3 on IA64, but our Alpha will stay on 7.3-2, at least
for some
>more time, because it's a development machine, and our users still have
older
>versions.

>Thanks for this hint, but unfortunately, that doesn't help.

Me neither. Indeed the lack of 7.3-2 support is a complete show-stopper
for me as I have a series of turn-key accredited systems locked to
7.3-2. I have no IA64 systems.

So it is no-go for me unless I end up doing a mixed-version cluster with
the sole purpose of running Samba - and I don't even know if a 7.3-2/8.3
cluster will work, not to mention being supported!

Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly which features in 8.3 are
required?

Cheers

Bernhard

PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT ETIQUETTE MESSAGE BEFORE POSTING: