If the user logs in with his password all works well. If he restarts or shutdown his machine and tries to relogin the system tells him that his username/password is not correct. If I reset his password @ Ubuntu with smbpasswd username and renter the exactly same password, the user logs in successfully! This is the oddest thing. It appears as if this user's password is "canceled" every time despite the fact that the user has never changed his password during this period of time.

I once had that problem with one computer. I solved it by unjoining and then joining it again to the domain.