On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 08:44:00PM -0800, randa...@bioinfo.wsu.edu wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> Thanks for the response. I was kind of thinking along the same lines
> as what you described.  I disabled the second NIC and every samba
> started working through the firewall.  I even wrote a simple perl
> socket server and made the same observations as I did with Samba.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randall Svancara

It's always been a pretty good rule of thumb that you should not have
two active interfaces on the same subnet in the same machine unless
either they're bonded together on a single IP, or one is a listen-only
monitoring interface.  It will almost invariably cause problems.  Even a
machine dual-homed on two different but connected subnets will sometimes
create issues.

  ala...@caerllewys.net   ala...@metrocast.net   p...@co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.