Dale Schroeder wrote:
David,

Samba does not have the ability to change the permissions of directories on the security tab, and many times they will not be displayed either. As you have already discovered, permissions on directories are changed in Advanced. The permissions of files can be manipulated on the security tab.
----
        I just tried this --

        I was able to add a Domain group, and give it 'full permissions'
on the ACL and save it.

        'RIGHTS' / priviledges work as well...(just tried it)

my user has the 'SETakeOwnershipPrivilege' in the Domain.

Among other things, this allowed me to change a directory that
was owned by root w/permis = rwxr-xr-x, to being owned by me.

As for diffs on Security and Advanced tab -- see MS.
(It's a feature...they don't show the exact same info...but close)...