Hi Takahashi,

TAKAHASHI Motonobu <mo...@monyo.com> wrote on 23.09.2012 17:16:12:

I examined both Samba 3.6.6/3.6.8(latest) about Samba3 domain logon
from Windows 8 and both works well.
Not here.

I compiled Samba from source tarball.
Me, too.

My simple smb.conf looks like:
[...]

Mine comes here (from my PDC):

[global]
        display charset = UTF-8
        workgroup = ONEVISION
        password server =
        passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://localhost";
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        max log size = 500
        smb ports = 139
        large readwrite = No
        name resolve order = host bcast
        time server = Yes
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_SNDBUF=65536
SO_RCVBUF=65536
        add machine script = /usr/local/samba/bin/createSambaMachineAccount.php
"%u"
        logon script = logonscripts/%U/logon.bat
        logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
        logon home =
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 66
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        ldap admin dn = cn=Directory Manager
        ldap group suffix = ou=groups
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap,ou=samba
        ldap machine suffix = ou=computers,ou=samba
        ldap passwd sync = yes
        ldap suffix = dc=onevision,dc=com
        ldap user suffix = ou=people
        idmap config * : range =
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        create mask = 0755
        hide dot files = No
        map hidden = Yes
        csc policy = disable
        strict locking = No
        max protocol = smb2

[netlogon]
        comment = PDC netlogon
        path = /PDC/netlogon
        browseable = No
        root preexec = /PDC/scripts/sambaCreateHomeAccounts.sh  "%u" "%g" "%H"
"%I" "%L"

[profiles]
        comment = pdc profiles
        path = /PDC/profiles
        read only = No
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700

My Windows 8 box runs Windows 8 Professional 32bit modified registries
same as Windows 7.
I am running Windows 8 pro 64bit but this difference should not be a
problem.

If you could, please test same smb.conf?
Currently busy. Hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for your help,

Roland