iM> Well, the NTP server on samba4 server is definitely (!) up and
iM> running. I can triple-check that by "ps", "netstat" and of course by
iM> getting the time of all my other clients (winxp, win7, linux, unix) so
iM> NTP server is definitely running on samba4 host.

Up and running doesn't mean it "works" and that clients can contact
it.

If you have not SPECIFICALLY taken a non W2K client and done an
explicit NTP sync that you can verify worked, and/or done a complete
capture of a successful NTP session, I don't think you're actually
verified that NTP works.

---
IMO, this pursuit seems really crazy - like you want to do nothing to
mitigate things on your end, and want the Samba folks to support a
long-dead client without any mitigation or changes on the long-dead
client end.

ALL W2K support ended in July 2010! [Nearly three YEARS ago!] Non
extended support [i.e. non-security related support] ended in 2005!
Yes, 2005!

So, expecting it all to work without very substantial changes on the
client side seems pretty demanding, at least IMO.