So how do I "take care" of the files that have already been mangled with hash? deleting something in the locks folder? Thanks for your help

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

m:\worksp~1, when I have this share on a windows machine, it works
fine. Move it to my samba machine and it doesn't. This is what my

This is probably your problem. You override the default mangling method in samba3 from hash2 to hash. hash2 behaves more like Windows mangling.

mangling method = hash

Either take this line out or change it to hash2. You may need to take care that existing filenames whose names have already been mangled with the hash method get remangled with hash2 method.

~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.