Hi list,

Could anyone explain why Samba+LDAP PDC needs to have PAM and
NSS configured with ldap to authenticate ?

I thought that SAMBA
authenticates directly against LDAP rather asking PAM/NSS to do this,
but this doesn't seem to be true.

I configured a Samba+LDAP PDC with
the help of idealx.org SAMBA PDC howto. I succeeded with 3.0.2a. Just
for experimenting, I used authconfig to disable ldap in nssswitch.conf
and system-auth, the PDC stop working. Is it true that SAMBA need to
authenticate twice, one with SambaSamAccount, and another with
PosixAccount?

thanks for any ideas on this matter