Hello Everybody.

First of all sorry for my bed english.

I am in a very big trouble. I migrated our Novell to samba 3.0.2a a week ago. It works, but it is very-very slow! The novell is on a PII 233Mhz/384MB SDRAM/SCSI2 hdds, the samba is on PIV 2Ghz/1GB DDRRAM/SCSI UW320 hdds in raid5, and the novell is much-much faster! I have read the archive for long days, but everything I founded about the this has not solved my problem.
The main problem is when more than one people want to use a file it get slower and slower and slower... and I don't understand why?

I applied these registry patches founded in the archive

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters]
"EnableSecuritySignature"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters]
"EnableOplocks"=dword:00000000

but nothing changes.

The smb.conf:

[global]
dos charset = CP852
workgroup = TGI_HU
netbios name = CERBERUS
server string = TGIhu fileserver
min passwd length = 7
obey pam restrictions = Yes
pam password change = Yes
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
restrict anonymous = 1
client lanman auth = No
client plaintext auth = No
log level = 1
debug level = 0
acl compatibility = win2k
profile acls = no
time server = Yes
server signing = no
change notify timeout = 180
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -c 'Machine Account' -s /bin/false -M %u
logon script = %u.bat
logon path =
logon drive = H:
domain logons = Yes
os level = 999
lm announce = Yes
lm interval = 10
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes
wins proxy = Yes
wins support = Yes
ldap ssl = no
message command = /usr/local/bin/LinPopUp
remote announce = 9.1.1.1
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
template homedir = /home/%U
admin users = @domadmins, root, aron, szucs
printer admin = @domadmins, root, aron, szucs
create mask = 0770
security mask = 0770
directory mask = 0770
directory security mask = 0770
hide unreadable = Yes
blocking locks = no

[netlogon]
   path = /var/samba/netlogon
   inherit permissions = Yes
   browseable = No
   root preexec = /usr/bin/gen_logon_script.pl %u %N %m %a %I
   root postexec = rm -f /var/samba/netlogon/%u.bat
   vfs objects = audit

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories Volume
   read only = No
   inherit acls = Yes
   browseable = No
   vfs objects = recycle audit
   recycle:keeptree = 1
   recycle:versions = 1

[tgi]
   comment = TGI T Volume
   path = /mnt/server/tgi/T
   read only = No
   inherit acls = Yes
   vfs objects = recycle audit
   recycle:keeptree = 1
   recycle:versions = 1

Has anybody any idea? I would be very happy if you can help!

Thank You!
Aron