Hi all

For several days I've been doing tests for our upcoming migration from an NT domain to Samba PDC with ldapsam. We have ~200 clients, mostly NT4 and some Win2k. We want all of our users eventually switch from Windows to KDE on Linux with thin clients through NX :-)

I managed to net rpc vampire all user and machine accounts into LDAP, but then I realized some problems:

- The migrated machine accounts have no samba attributes. I can reproduce this behavior adding a machine account doing smbldap-useradd -w [machinename], just as in the 'add machine script' line in smb.conf suggested by Idealx. The machine account machinename$ will exist then, but without sambaSAMAccount object class nor any other samba attribute. Only after adding these by hand and joning the machine to my samba domain, users can login. I tried also using smbldap-useradd with multiple options, -w for workstation account and -a for samba attributes, but no luck. I wish I shouldn't add 200 machines to an already existing domain after the migration...

- Users, once logged in to Linux, cannot change their password with smbldap-passwd. They get 'user [username] doesn't exist.' Well, I'm talking about a logged in user...

This is how Samba, OpenLDAP and the Idealx-Tools are configured:

# egrep -v '^$|^#' smb.conf
[global]
   netbios name = SARGE-TS
   workgroup = UB
   security = User
   server string = %h server (Samba %v)
   wins support = yes
   preferred master = yes
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 1000
   syslog = 0
   encrypt passwords = true
   domain logons = yes
   domain master = yes
   logon drive = H:
   logon home = \\%L\%U
   ldap passwd sync = Yes
   os level = 65
   passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1/
   ldap admin dn = cn=manager,dc=ub,dc=unibas,dc=ch
   ldap suffix = dc=ub,dc=unibas,dc=ch
   ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
   ldap user suffix = ou=Users
   ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
   add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
   ldap delete dn = Yes
   add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
   add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
   add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
   delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u" "%g"
        set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
   short preserve case = yes
   case sensitive = no
   map to guest  = Bad User
   guest account = nobody
   invalid users = root
   ldap password sync = yes
[homes]
   comment = Home Directory for %U
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   create mask = 0700
   directory mask = 0700
[netlogon]
        path = /export/home/samba/netlogon/
        # browseable = No
        # locking = No
        read only = yes
[profiles]
        path = /export/home/samba/profiles
        read only = no
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700
        browseable = No
        guest ok = Yes
        profile acls = yes
        csc policy = disable
        force user = %U
        valid users = %U "Domain Admins"

# egrep -v '^$|^#' slapd.conf
include         /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/ldap/schema/solaris-nis.schema
include         /etc/ldap/schema/solaris.schema
include         /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/ldap/schema/misc.schema
include         /etc/ldap/schema/samba.schema
include         /etc/ldap/schema/phpgwaccount.schema
include         /etc/ldap/schema/phpgwcontact.schema
modulepath      /usr/lib/ldap
moduleload      back_ldbm
backend         ldbm
schemacheck     on
pidfile         /var/run/slapd/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd/slapd.args
password-hash   {MD5}
replogfile      /var/lib/ldap/replog
loglevel        256
database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=ub,dc=unibas,dc=ch"
rootdn          "cn=manager,dc=ub,dc=unibas,dc=ch"
rootpw          {MD5}XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX==
directory       "/var/lib/ldap/ub"
lastmod         on
cachesize       40000
dbcachesize     60000000
index           cn,sn,uid,displayName           pres,sub,eq
index           uidNumber,gidNumber             eq
index           sambaSID                        eq
index           sambaPrimaryGroupSID            eq
index           sambaDomainName                 eq
index           objectClass                     eq
index           default                         sub
index phpgwContactOwner pres,eq,sub
        access to attrs=userPassword,sambaLMPassword,sambaNTPassword
        by self write
        by anonymous auth
        by * none
        access to *
        by dn="cn=manager,dc=ub,dc=unibas,dc=ch" write
        by dn="cn=nss,dc=ub,dc=unibas,dc=ch" read
        by * auth

# egrep -v '^$|^#' smbldap_bind.conf slaveDN="cn=manager,dc=ub,dc=unibas,dc=ch" slavePw="XXXXXXX" masterDN="cn=manager,dc=ub,dc=unibas,dc=ch" masterPw="XXXXXX"

# egrep -v '^$|^#' smbldap.conf
SID="S-1-5-21-98201057-1281969052-1085559986"
slaveLDAP="127.0.0.1"
slavePort="389"
masterLDAP="127.0.0.1"
masterPort="389"
ldapTLS="0"
suffix="dc=ub,dc=unibas,dc=ch"
usersdn="ou=Users,${suffix}"
computersdn="ou=Computers,${suffix}"
groupsdn="ou=Groups,${suffix}"
sambaUnixIdPooldn="cn=NextFreeUnixId,${suffix}"
scope="sub"
hash_encrypt="MD5"
crypt_salt_format="%s"
userLoginShell="/bin/bash"
userHome="/home/%U"
userGecos="UB Domain User"
defaultUserGid="513"
defaultComputerGid="515"
skeletonDir="/etc/skel"
userSmbHome="\\sarge-ts\%U"
userProfile="\\sarge-ts\%U\winprofile"
userHomeDrive="H:"
mailDomain="unibas.ch"
with_smbpasswd="0"
smbpasswd="/usr/bin/smbpasswd"

Thanks for any suggestions!
Paul

--
Paul Coray
Administrator Server und Netzwerk

Oeffentliche Bibliothek der Universitaet Basel
EDV-Abteilung
Schoenbeinstrasse 18-20
CH-4056 Basel

Tel: +41 61 267 05 13