From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Josh Kropf
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 4:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Samba] Unable to join AD (FreeBSD)

Hi,

I am trying to get samba 3.0.7 working with our win2k DC. I installed
samba from the ports collection, so the kerberos library looks to be the
heimdel version.

I can use kinit to create a ticket and it authenticates against the DC
just fine. However when I attempt to use "net ads join" it fails with
the following response:

[2004/11/09 16:32:30, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(183)
 ads_connect: Unknown error: -1765328343

Also note running "net ads join" without the -U parameter simply prompts
for a password for "root" even though I have created a ticket
successfully with kinit.

I have configured krb5.conf and smb.conf with the minimal items.

smb.conf

[global]
  workgroup = CPOLDOM
  netbios name = BSDWEB