Jerry,
Mostly my fault.  I switched over from idmap_ad from xos
to the relatively new option idmap backend = ad several months ago
around svn 12802 or maybe even earlier.  Didn't delete the
old ad.so in lib/idmap so I could go back if I wanted.
Then forgot about it.

I've been running svn 12802 without any issue, but last night
I went to svn 15162 and filled up the volume with core dumps
while I was getting some coffee.
Everything is OK now that I deleted it.

Of course, you might be curious why it loaded?  I still have
some cores and panic output.

And of course I'm curious why you're overriding my ulimit,
and what I might do to override your override during normal
operations.

Regards, Doug

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
Doug, I'm more interested in why winbindd is seg
faulting in the SAMBA_3_0 tree.  Can you give me more
details?

Doug VanLeuven wrote:
Sorry Jeff, been there, done that, if you'd read the whole post.

Jeff Saxton wrote:
man ulimit
hint: ulimit -c

Doug VanLeuven wrote:
Hi all,
Is there anyway to limit the new core dumping panics?
Can't find anything on it.  (If I'd only looked in that ...)
Was my mistake, but winbindd filled up an entire volume
and froze out every process writing to that drive.
I started it from a shell and my soft limit is
already zero. (ulimit -S -c 0)
FC4 2.6.16-1.2069 smp, gcc 4.0.2-8
samba 3.0.23pre2-SVN-build-15162

Regards, Doug