On 5/11/07, Jerome Steunenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for the info Josh. I checked and there's only these options under
Security Settings / Account Policies / Password Policy:

* Enforce password history
* Maximum password age
* Minimum password age
* Minimum password length
* Password must meet complexity requirements
* Store password using reversible encryption for all users in the domain

But there's nowhere any option that allows to change the other
complexity requirements that appear in the message box (i.e. contains at
least three of the following four character groups...)

Password complexity requirements are hard-coded by Windows (see
http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/c835b4b2-e082-478f-bdf9-b0faaa654fad1033.mspx?mfr=true)
if you enable the "Password must meet complexity requirements"
setting.  Setting up different complexity requirements (on a Windows
server) requires installing your own password filtering DLL.

Also, changes in the above mentioned settings are not reflected in the
message box!

Sorry, I'm not sure what to tell you there.

Josh Kelley