I have found this, which looks like it could be interesting ->
http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/install.html (search for perfmon in the page)

It seems like this dir should have perf counters, but I don't see them in my running instance. Anyone know about this?

On my instance it is:

/var/cache/samba/perfmon/*.tbd

But I don't see anything.

Any idea?