Robert Pollard wrote:
Hi,

I have been trying to connect to Samba over the Internet as I have static IP
that is publicly available for connection.  I can use this IP to connect to our
Intranet web site but Samba doesn't work correctly when trying to connect to it
from outside.  Our internal network addresses work fine.  Even a VPN
connection, which gets our internal address scheme works.  But, when trying to
use the publicly available IP address to connect to Samba it can't find it.

Is there something I have to do other than tell it to use an alternate
interface to make the Samba services available over the Internet with a
different IP?

Thanks!
Do you have a wireshark sniff? It could be a number of things. Are your firewalls configured properly with your routing table?