Samba-Liste wrote:
Hi Scott,

thanks for the reply.

On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 05:39 -0400, Scott Lovenberg wrote:
Samba-Liste wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Have you tried using the 'nss_ldap' with the entry 'ldap' in your
nsswitch.conf? I found that to be the best way to interface the LDAP backend in my case. I tried the pam route, but since Slackware does

that's how we do it right now as we have a Samba-LDAP-PDC. But didn't
get it working against my new Windows 2008 ADS server. Can you provide
sample configurations for nss_ldap to connect to an ADS server?

thank you and best regards

           Daniel

Sorry for the delay, I think I jumbled my email boxes :)

This is off the top of my head (as my official Samba book is at home and I'm at work), but, all you should need is the nss_ldap module and the following lines in your /etc/nsswitch.conf:
[...]
passwd   files ldap winbind compat
shadow   files ldap winbind compat
group      files ldap winbind compat
[...]

This should enable getent passwd. IIRC, there are no dependencies for nss_ldap, it just needs to be compiled. At least on Slackware, as always, check with your upstream provider before compiling your own.