Cory Coager wrote:
So its not possible to use variables for the 'subpath' option?

Damien Dye wrote:
I don't think that will work because homes is dynamic I believe that the snapshots have to be mounted at the root of the share and homes has the root of the share at /home/username you have the snapshots mounted at /home

hope this helps

Damien

Cory Coager wrote:
I have successfully setup shadow_copy for normal shares on our samba test server. However, I cannot get it working for the homes share because of its uniqueness.

Here is the homes share:

   [homes]
     comment = Home Directories
     read only = No
     create mask = 0700
     directory mask = 0700
     browseable = no
     fstype = XFS 1.2
     vfs object = shadow_copy
     shadow_copy: path = /samba/homes/
     shadow_copy: subpath = %D+%U

The users authenticate against Active Directory. The path to the snapshots is located at /samba/homes/@GMT-YYYY.MM.DD-HH.MM.SS Using the subpath each individual files should be located at /samba/homes/@GMT-YYYY.MM.DD-HH.MM.SS/DOMAIN+user but the previous versions tab is missing on this share. What am I doing wrong?

~Cory Coager

Hrm... could you symlink it to a known, non-variable path? I have absolutely no idea if that would work, but I figured I'd throw it out there.