I had an error like this one time. It was due to mod_wsgi being
unhappy if data was posted but the POST dict wasn't ever accessed. The
five minutes is the timeout on your socket.
http://bitbucket.org/chris1610/satchmo/issue/951/mod_wsgi-thread-deadlocking-issue

Maybe you are seeing a similar issue?
--
Alex Robbins