We will shortly be starting an evaluation of tools to assist in the secure
coding practices initiative and have been wildly successful in finding lots of
consultants who can assist us in evaluating but absolutely zero in terms of
finding RFI/RFPs of others who have travelled this path before us. Would
especially love to understand stretch goals that we should be looking for
beyond simple stuff like finding buffer overflows in C, OWASP checklists, etc.

In my travels, it "feels" as if folks are simply choosing tools in this space
because they are the market leader, incumbent vendor or simply asking an
industry analyst but none seem to have any "deep" criteria. I guess at some
level, choosing any tool will move the needle, but investments really should be
longer term.

destroy all copies.