First off, many thanks to all who've contributed to this thread. The responses and range of opinions I find fascinating, and I hope that others have found value in it as well. Great stuff, keep it coming.

That said, I see us going towards that favorite of rat-holes here, namely the "my programming language is better than yours, nyeah!" path. Let's please avoid that. I'm confident that we've seen it enough times to know that it ends with no clear winners (but plenty of losers).

Cheers,

Ken
-----
Kenneth R. van Wyk