The Ariane 5 disaster was due to a variety of software development
failures:  process, reuse, design, and coding.  the coding error was an
uncaught exception resulting from a floating point to integer conversion
error.

My only point was that choice of language does not in and of itself
protect you from security/safety failures.

rCs