On Aug 25, 2009, at 18:07, Andy Steingruebl wrote:

<Sarcasm>really?  First graders are learning to do math proofs instead
of basic addition?  I'm quite surprised by this.</Sarcasm>

Yeah, sorry. When I wrote about "students" I meant "college students". I don't know, is that a difference between British English (pupils) and American English (students)? Anyway, my bad.

We're missing I think the point I raised earlier.  Not everyone learns
to program in high school or college.  And, even learning the basics
of what an algorithm are is tricky, much less learning defensive
programming, etc.

But the topic of the thread is "Where Does Secure Coding Belong In the Curriculum?" and I maintain that when someone is intellectually mature enough so that you can teach them how to program and at the same time really know what they're doing, you can teach them about correctness and security too.

Best,

Stephan