There are several perspectives missing from the dialog:

- Before we even talk about secure coding, we need a course on secure
thinking. Most folks are indoctrinated into thinking positive which
blinds them from seeing vulnerabilities right in front of them. A prereq
on being antisocial might be a good start

- For those who work in large enterprises, the positive thinking is even
further reinforced where even functional delivery takes a back seat to
perception management. In order for secure coding to mature, folks need
the ability for someone to not get offended so easily. A good first step
may be figuring out a way to tell someone that their code sucks without
ending up in HR (observed but not personal)

- Taking this one step further, how can we convince professors who don't
teach secure coding to not accept insecure code from their students.
Professors seed the students thinking by accepting anything that barely
works at the last minute. Universities need to be consistent amongst
their own teaching/thinking.

addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.