From: sc-l-boun...@securecoding.org [mailto:sc-l-boun...@securecoding.org] On
Behalf Of Jeremy Epstein
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 6:38 AM
To: Wall, Kevin
Subject: Re: [SC-L] Provably correct microkernel (seL4)

This was discussed a few months ago on several other lists I read.
The consensus is that it's interesting, and is further than anyone
else has gone in recent years to do proofs, but not practically
useful.  Additionally, there are a lot of caveats on the proof (which
I don't recall, but are well documented on their web site) that make
it clear it's not really as useful as it might sound.

--Jeremy