> Here's an example.  In the BSIMM,  10 of 30 firms have built top-N bug
lists based on their >own data culled from their >own code.  I would
love to see how those top-n lists compare to the > OWASP top ten or the
CWE-25.  I would also love to see whether the union of these lists is
>even remotely interesting.

One of the general patterns I noted while providing feedback to the
OWASP Top Ten listserv is that top ten lists do sort differently. Within
an enterprise setting, it is typical for enterprise applications to be
built on Java, .NET or other compiled languages where as if I were doing
an Internet startup I may leverage more scripting approaches. So, if
different demographics have different behaviors what would a converged
list or even a separate list tell us?

addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.