> On May 1, 2021, at 3:26 AM, Patrick Haueter <patale...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I've downloaded latest SCID (4.71) and I've installed TCL/TK 8.6.11 on MacOs
> 11.2 (BigSur) : All is quite OK, but I've met some mouse issues when
> navigating in PGN :

Hi Patrick,

I am using MacBook Air 2020 (not M1), 11.3 Big Sur, tcl/tk 8.5.0, Scid 4.71. I
also use a logitech trackman mouse/trackball (2 buttons). Scid I operate in
docked mode only. Scid behaves differently in docked and undocked mode, in fact
this is a major source of troubles, so you may wish to try both ways. My
notation window is docked not underneath the board, but to the right.

> - When a game is loaded, in the move list window (PGN window) , left click
> mouse seems not working ? Right click  opens contextual menu AND  positions
> the right move in the main screen ( what the left click should do ).

Of course your mouse must work correctly in other applications, correct? Just
checking. :)

In Scid, both my trackpad and mouse operate differently than yours.
Right-clicking the PGN (notation) window is the same, it selects the move,
positions the board, and opens the context menu. Left-clicking the PGN is
different, for me it selects the move and positions the board.

> -If I move in the main window (chessboard) with the mouse (scrolling) or the
> keyboard (arrow keys) , or with the arrow keys, the focus of the PGN window
> is not updated.

My mouse lacks a scroll wheel, if I scroll the board with the trackpad it
repositions the PGN window and updates the board. Also right-clicking on the
board goes back one move, both on the board and in the PGN.

"... the focus of the PGN window is not updated." This part is not clear to me.
Are you expecting the PGN window to now receive focus when you do something in
the board window? The only way to change focus is by left-clicking. The board
and PGN should be synchronized, but the focus only changes by clicking one or
the other.

> Are there other users on Mac? Am I the only one to encounter these problems?
> I'm available to do some tests eventually.
> thank you for everything and good continuation
>
> Best regards
>
> Pat

Again, I assume you know your mouse should be working normally. But I find Scid
is definitely quirky. Just now I loaded a different game from the Game List,
and the keyboard arrows stopped working in the PGN window. But I opened the
Help window (undocked!), positioned it to the side, and suddenly the PGN window
started responding to the keyboard. So we can say that Scid is not perfect.

Cheers.

--
Alan