On 10/28 03:10PM, Steve A wrote:
Here is a 64 bit version that seems to mostly work fairly well (tk
revision 8140ebf0).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/scidvspc/files/mac/ScidvsMac-4.20.Catalina.dmg/download
I actually havent tested it on Catalina, so it's quite possible that there
will still be nasty bugs in this dmg :(.
Apple's yearly major macOS overhauls are quite a joke imho, especially
considering their recent poor quality.

I am on macOS Catalina, and I can happily report that it works very
well! All major functionality that I use (loading an .si4 database,
doing Stockfish analysis, connecting to FICS) all work flawlessly, as
far as I can tell.

Please only send me major bug reports. File opening is slow.. the tree
window is super slow... button padding is not really working,

I haven't noticed any problems with loading my ~4-million-game .si4
database from a local SSD at all; actually, based on my subjective
impression, it's maybe slightly faster than it was on Mojave. The
tree window is also not any slower than usual, not even when doing
things like re-sorting the entire list.

The buttons _do_ look a bit wonky, and for some strange reason some of the
buttons have turned into dropdown widgets, but it's not a blocker at
all.

Thanks to Francois Vogel for giving me the enthusiasm to look at this :).
Maybe he has an idea about speeding up the file I/O ?

Thank you! :)

--
Adrian